0 of 25 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Why is calibration needed?
The most important reason obviously is the correct quality of timber:
– Correct length
– Correct diameter classes
– Correct volume measurementsCorrectIncorrect
What is the minimum size that the head will measure?CorrectIncorrect
The tilt sensor and tilt control affect the following functions?(check all that apply)CorrectIncorrect
Under Customer. Customer specify that what is the final destination of the assortmentCorrectIncorrect
Under Sawing Window Start/End, Harvester is rather difficult to reach exact length of certain log. Therefore there is sawing window which describes allowed tolerance for the cross cutting.
Starting point value can be negative or positive. Size of the sawing window depends from assortments. Typical size for saw logs and veneer logs is from -2 to 3 or from 0 to 3. With pulp trees window can bigger.CorrectIncorrect
The measuring wheel on the bottom of the head is rotating against the trunk fed, a pulse sensor in the wheel sends the pulses to harvester head module
The harvester head module counts the pulses and send the information to Opti 4G program, which will converts them to lenght value
The calibration correction is done to the length and the corrected length displayed and used in optimization and cube calculation.CorrectIncorrect
The harvester head measures the log with what type of calculation?CorrectIncorrect
Under SSt. On some countries average size of log stems and pulp stems are needed to calculate for contractor fee. This stem sort code specifies which assortments makes stem to be log stem. Each stem is pulp stem as one or more such kind of assortment has cross cut which code is 1. 1 stands for log assortment and 2 for pulp assortmentCorrectIncorrect
The chain oil tank is located on the front cover of the harvester head?CorrectIncorrect
The saw position is monitored with two inductive sensors that read the position from the perforated plate on the saw bar housing?CorrectIncorrect
On your main drop down menu, under which heading would you find calibration?CorrectIncorrect
List the 5 steps to replacing the saw bar on the H5 head?
Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.
This response will be awarded full points automatically, but it can be reviewed and adjusted after submission.
The principal of diameter measuring includes:
– The feed roller positions are measured in relation to the bottom of the harvester head.
– A chain attached to the reaction bar connecting the side rollers rotates the diameter sensor giving a voltage input to the harvester head module.
– The diameter is calculated with a triangular calculation, the shape of the trunk has less effect on the resultCorrectIncorrect
How is the saw bar housing reinforced on the H5 head?Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.
Some of the signals for the OPTI progress control include:
– Processing, the harvester head/grapple and crane are active
– Terrrain travel, The harvester head/grapple and crane are not active but the transmission is.
– Down Time, The machine is standing still, and the harvester head/grapple, crane or transmission are not sending any pulses
– Calendar Time, All time available for working from the start of work areas to the end of work. In addition to the total time, this covers idle timeCorrectIncorrect
A bucking file consists of the following:
– treesorts and assortments, cutting windows for each assortment, assortment codes, trunk sort codes and factor codes
– length and diameter classes for each assortment
– assortment demands
– qualities for each assortment ( Q1-Q16)
– bucking parametersCorrectIncorrect
To compare machine calibration to manual calibration “Cut same trees species, by placing log in order ‘side by side’. Choose perfect trees ex: straight and no forked”.CorrectIncorrect
Correct calibration of the harvester head, especially the diameter calibration, has an effect on multiple harvester head automation functions:
– Saw control and saw automatics
– Saw bar pressure adjustments (per mille or optimization)
– Delimbing knife and feed roller pressure adjustment. if diameter calibration is not correct, the pressure set on the curve is set according to the trunk size correctlyCorrectIncorrect
Some of the signals for the OPTI progress control come from:
– Total time, All time spent on working, ex. one or more shifts. The total time covers work time and meal breaks.
– Work time, This includes efficient time and down time, ex. all time spent on working, apart from meal breaks.
– Efficient time G15(productive work time): Time spent on productive work, including all short down times(less than 15 min by default)
– Short down time (< 15), All breaks shorter than the down time (15 min by default) while working - Down Time, Time during which the system does not receive pulses from any module and the machine is idle(at least 15 min by default) - Lost Time, The time during which nothing has been done with/ for the machine.CorrectIncorrect
The tilt sensor is an inductive sensor that activates when tilt is up and the sensor must be adjusted so that the head of the sensor is on the same level with the protective sleeve on the tilt head?CorrectIncorrect
The key things when creating a price list are:
– always put treesorts in the same order
– always put pulp last in the assortment list
– assortments should be programmed according to operator demandsCorrectIncorrect
OPTI calculates all the cutting alternatives automatically according to the dimensions and quality of the stem and selects the best cutting alternatives for current needs.CorrectIncorrect
Under Assortment (Group) Assortment groups are used for two different reason. If some assortments are needed to calculate together for reporting, then those assortments should belong to same group. This is needed in the case that forest owner get payment from certain size of wood but there are several assortments which belongs to same size category.CorrectIncorrect
Automatic bucking helps to reduce the amount of waste wood from logs.CorrectIncorrect
Check the following items that are considered in the length and diameter class in a bucking file?CorrectIncorrect